It's been a while since I shared anything. Today I would like to share something from a wonderful Bulgarian Food Styling Blog that I have been following... Eva Toneva. I tried a few recipes and the results were great! Really good recipes and amazing food photography. Recipe below is for Coconut Buns with chocolate filling.
Ingredients for 15 pieces:
300 ml warm coconut milk
21 g fresh yeast
1 tsp +80 G sugar
450-500 g flour
75 g butter
pinch of salt
For the filling:
100 g milk chocolate
30 g butter
80 ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar
powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar 100ml coconut milk, let it rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add salt, make a well in the center.
- Melt butter, stir in the coconut milk and sugar. Stir to dissolve it and cool mixture to room temperature .
- pour the yeast in the well, the milk with butter and sugar, beaten egg and kneading a smooth dough.
- Shape it into a ball, place in bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume. onto a lightly floured surface divide risen, the dough 15 equal pieces.
- Shape each a small loaf, flatten slightly in January, put her in the middle of a piece of chocolate. Gather ends, squeeze them nice ball shape. Arrange in paper covered baking tray with edges gathered below. Allow them to warm to rise 30-40 minutes, during which heat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Melt remaining butter, add it to 80 ml of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon sugar mixture cool slightly. Pour it carefully on leavened buns, bake them until tender - 20-30 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.